Upcoming Event: Thursday Dance - Dance and Class Cancelled - Thu, 06/11/2020 #cal-reminder

Dancers@CarrolltonSeniorCenterDanceSociety.groups.io Calendar <Dancers@...>

Reminder: Thursday Dance - Dance and Class Cancelled

When: Thursday, 11 June 2020

Where:Carrollton Senior Center

View Event

Organizer: Dave Power dave.power@...

Carrollton Senior Center is still closed. NO DANCE OR CLASSES!

Although many of the restrictions on what businesses and activities are permitted, nothing has changed with respect to the COVID-19 virus. We still do not have a good antiviral or vaccine. When looking at statistics, some of them are showing that as many as 40% of the people who get COVID-19 may not show any symptoms. This is of particular concern to those of us over 60. Although there have been many deaths for those with the virus who are under 60, there appears to be a major difference in the mortality rates. Again, they are still developing better statistics, but some have shown that those with COVID-19 who are over 60 may have a mortality rate 5 to 10 times greater that those under 60. If these numbers are even close, it means that without a good antiviral or vaccine we really cannot restart our dances... We will continue to track the activities (or lack of same) at the Senior Center and post them in our weekly emails

Please stay safe and stay well,

Dave Power

Join Dancers@CarrolltonSeniorCenterDanceSociety.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.